11-Data Officer, Web Developer and Systems Administrator
Deadline:December 4, 2022
The International Water Management Institute (IWMI), a CGIAR Research Center is looking for a competent, self-motivated, and dynamic candidate to join as Data Officer, Web Developer and Systems Administrator.
The incumbent will be responsible for the smooth running of the cloud and local database servers functional at IWMI Pakistan office. IWMI has deployed significant amount of instrumentation in the field across Pakistan. The incumbent will make sure the data received from the field instrumentation is properly archived, processed, and made available through various forms of reporting services. This would require database management and programming skills, writing of scripts, knowledge of SQL relational databases, Python and object-oriented programming skills etc.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the project teams as contact point for all data acquired, disseminated, archived etc. including liaison with IWMI Headquarters with respect to data management, processing, and archive management.
- Assist HQ and IWMI Pakistan IT team in managing the server web, database server hosted at a remote data center and instrumentation networks.
- Review all data repositories and develop and implement a plan to archive data in a systematic and accessible way complying with IWMI guidelines and policies on data acquisition and backups.
- Undertake field work as required to collect primary and secondary data specifically with respect to in-situ electronic instrumentation.
- Support the instrumentation work at IWMI office in Lahore and six field locations
- Undertake other relevant assignments as required by the Supervisor from time to time.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- MSc in the field of Computer Science or similar professional certifications.
- At least 5 years’ practical experience of development with Python & MS SQL databases, instrumentation installation, troubleshooting functions
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Good spoken, written, comprehension of Urdu.
- Excellent knowledge of Managing windows servers (both local and cloud), Data backup and restoration,
- Excellent programming skills in contemporary language e.g. VB, C#, Python etc.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, including developing SSIS packages, MSSQL Reporting Services, database maintenance, and triggers etc.
- The ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Demonstrated effective teamwork skills.
- Sound personal organization and priority setting skills; and
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
This is a nationally recruited position and only Pakistani nationals are eligible to apply. IWMI offers a competitive salary and benefits package. The duration of the contract will be for a three-year period with the possibility of extension based on performance and availability of funds.
Your application must include a copy of your curriculum vitae, cover letter which addresses IWMI’s requirements stated above, and contact information of three professional referees who will be contacted if you are shortlisted for the position.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis through 24:00 (IST) on December 4, 2022 (Sunday).
IWMI believes that diversity powers our innovation, contributes to our excellence, and is critical for our mission. We offer a multi-cultural, multi-color, multi-generational and multi-disciplinary working environment. We are consciously creating an inclusive organization that reflects our global character and our commitment to gender equity. We, therefore, encourage applicants from all cultures, races, ethnicities, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientations, and gender identities.