5-Office Assistant cum Driver
Location: Quetta, Pakistan
Deadline: December 4, 2022
The International Water Management Institute (IWMI), a CGIAR Research Center, is looking for a Driver to join its office in Quetta, Pakistan.
The Office Assistant / Driver will work with a team of staff at IWMI to support the delivery of the multiple projects at Pakistan office. The Office Assistant / Driver contributes to the success of the IWMI projects by providing support to staff and partners in the IWMI Pakistan Quetta Office field office.
The Office Assistant/Driver will be responsible for the delivery of effective and efficient services by providing general office support with a variety of administrative and clerical duties and providing transportation services for the staff and visitors, documents, mail, and packages in IWMI-owned vehicles to field sites and other destinations as required. The Office Assistant/Driver will step into the role of the Office Administrator and/or Driver as and when necessary.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide all driving support needed to ensure the Project team for running smoothly and efficiently, including but not limited to supervising any facilities management staff, prompt payment of utility bills, rental invoices, etc.
- Arrange and coordinate a time for project meetings with the relevant stakeholders.
- Provide logistic support for arranging the meetings within Quetta and other cities.
- Manage office and scientific equipment properly and make sure the equipment is in proper order when required by researchers to take it to the field.
- Provide all necessary support to research staff and visitors/consultants.
- Provide support to the office administrator for the procurement of project related supplies e.g., visit the market to arrange samples and quotations to make the procurement cost effective and efficient.
- Driving IWMI staff within the city and to the field and other city locations for official purposes.
- Driving IWMI visitors as per instructions.
- Remain updated on Pakistan driving regulations, ensure the vehicles are roadworthy, insured, and meet the Pakistan transport authorities' official requirements and documentation.
- Monitor daily/weekly vehicle condition/repair needs, maintain travel logbooks, perform vehicle checks, and notify the supervisor of any technical problem.
- Enter and check record entries of vehicle logs, assets, time sheets into spreadsheets/databases as instructed.
- Local driving experience in Balochistan province will be highly advantageous.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- FA/FSc, Advanced Level, International Baccalaureate or equivalent, minimum of 2nd division.
- A minimum of 6 years work experience includes 3 years’ relevant office administration experience and a minimum of 3 years’ driving experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Familiar with Windows Operating System Environment.
- Good skills in Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Excellent service delivery approach.
- Strong personal organization skills and the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork.
- Good spoken, written, comprehension of English and Urdu.
- Good spoken, written, comprehension of Pashtun and Balochi.
- Presentable, courteous, and professional.
- Excellent driving skills with a variety of vehicles, including motorbikes, passenger cars, pickup trucks, and SUVs, a good understanding of modern vehicle technology, e.g., satellite navigation, CVT, ABS/BA/EBD, auto-lock wheel hubs.
- Thorough knowledge of the Pakistan Highway Code.
- Valid driving license in at least one of the four provinces of Pakistan or Federal Capital Territory for motorcycle, car, jeep/SUV, pick-up truck.
- Basic mechanical/handyman skills, e.g., an electric drill, electric saws, etc.
This is a nationally recruited position and only Pakistani nationals are eligible to apply. IWMI offers a competitive salary and benefits package. The duration of the contract will be for a three-year period with the possibility of extension based on performance and availability of funds.
Your application must include a copy of your curriculum vitae, cover letter which addresses IWMI’s requirements stated above, and contact information of three professional referees who will be contacted if you are shortlisted for the position.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis through 24:00 (IST) on December 4, 2022 (Sunday).
IWMI believes that diversity powers our innovation, contributes to our excellence, and is critical for our mission. We offer a multi-cultural, multi-color, multi-generational and multi-disciplinary working environment. We are consciously creating an inclusive organization that reflects our global character and our commitment to gender equity. We, therefore, encourage applicants from all cultures, races, ethnicities, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientations, and gender identities.